Detoxification is the process of removing the bad stuff, or toxins, from the body. In order to treat disease and maintain optimum health, it is imperative to decrease toxic load through a process of natural detoxification which will cleanse the systems of the body, allowing the body to more easily release toxins. The body does have a system in place to detoxify these harmful toxins. The most important cleansing organ is the liver. Eliminative channels include the bowels (the digestive system), kidneys, skin, lungs, and lymphatic system.
When the body is doing its job and is not overburdened with toxins, the blood carries toxins to the liver, which uses enzymes to detoxify the harmful substances, rendering them harmless or converting them into a water-soluble form, which is then eliminated via the urine or feces.
Unfortunately, this system can handle only so many toxins and was built for natural toxins, not the man-made ones we have to deal with today. Our body does not, however, always know how to handle the new toxins in our lives. It cannot understand how to excrete them, and they may then accumulate to harmful quantities or be converted into odd, unknown substances that can interfere with metabolism. According to the textbook Nutrition, Concepts and Controversies, this can result in cancers or birth defects.
Book Yoga Classes
BENEFITS OF DETOXIFICATION
- The reversal of toxic accumulation through detox is critical for recovery, to restore health, especially when dealing with chronic infection or disease such as Lyme disease, Cancer, etc.
- The accumulation of toxins over time may be the most important root cause of all diseases and dysfunctions and a major part of aging.
- Detoxification enhances the immune system and the reparative, anti-aging faculties of the body.
- Detoxification can rehabilitate cells and healthy living can aid in the process.
- As part of an overall plan, detoxification can improve digestion, skin tone, sleep, hormonal imbalances, immune function and general health.
- People recovering from alcoholism can also benefit from counseling and support after detoxification.
- Extra weight loss & cure skin disorder.
- Metabolic Detoxification increases vitality & energy.
- Resting the organs through fasting.
- Stimulating the liver to drive toxins from the body.
- Promoting elimination through the intestines, kidneys and skin.
- Improving circulation of the blood.
- Refueling the body with healthy nutrients.